Certified Ethical Hacker v10 (ECC4601593728)
CCNA Routing and Switching
CCNA Cyber Ops
LogRhythm Certified Security Analyst
LogRhythm Certified Platform Administrator
LogRhythm Certified Deployment Engineer
Southern Methodist University, Class of 2016 – B.S. in Physics and Mathematics
Junior Adversarial Engineer, Critical Start Inc. November 2018 – Present
- Description coming soon
Penetration Tester, General Datatech, July 2018 – November 2018
- Vulnerability testing, penetration test and interfacing with 3rd party testing companies as appropriate.
- All vulnerability scans of the environment and providing reports based on the customer need (e.g. POA&M formats).
- Perform threat hunting activities to proactively seek out weaknesses in the environment and working with partners to remediate.
- Penetration testing actives will include application, network and database testing both internally and externally.
- Execute all vulnerability scan across the environment, ensuring findings are accurate and remediation activities are provided with context to the appropriate team
- Perform network penetration, web/mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, and social-engineering assessments
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and C-level audiences
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance GDT’s “red teaming” processes
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading engagements from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff
Security Analyst, General Datatech, March 2017 – July 2018
- Administer LogRhythm platform and participate in pre-sales activities to sell SOC services.
- Use LogRhythm tool to identify threats and patterns for security incident response.
- Tune LogRhythm AI Engine rules to create better alerting, establish security baselines for conﬁgurations to tune out unnecessary alerts.
- Launch phishing campaigns against GDT employees and create phishing training for employees.
- Monitor dark web for data breaches affecting GDT and its customers.
- Monitor threats and alerts affecting customer networks and triage responses to remediate the alerts.
- Create vulnerability reports using CVEs and devise plans to patch or ﬁx affected devices.
- Monitoring and analyzing network traffic, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS), security events and logs.
- Prioritizing and differentiating between potential intrusion attempts and false alarms.
- Creating and tracking security investigations for resolution.
- Composing security alert notifications and other communications.
- Advising incident responders in the steps to take to investigate and resolve computer security incidents.
Security Engineer, General Datatech, January 2017 – March 2017
- Worked with customers to ﬁnd vulnerabilities within server architectures and data centers.
- Provided services for Physical Security (Cameras, Access Control, etc.) for multiple clients. Worked with ﬁrewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto), data center storage (Pure), Virtualized Hardware (VSphere) and networking (Cisco)
Engineering Intern, General Datatech, May 2016 – December 2016
- Staged and assembled data center technology for conﬁguration before deployment, worked on conﬁguration and deployment of networking equipment for various commercial purposes.
- Deployed IP Phones, routers, switches, and servers at customer sites.
Truck of the Future, General Datatech, March 2017 – November 2018
Designed, developed, prototyped, and pilot a smart truck of the future. The truck contains multiple technologies to ensure driver and messenger safety and reduce loss. These technologies include RFID bag tracking, badge access control, IoT dashboards, transportation grade routers, micro-cameras with onboard NVR, and custom wiring harnesses.
ParallelPi, Personal Project, January 2016 – December 2016
Designed and built a 12 node Raspberry Pi parallel processing cluster to explore the intricacies of OpenMP and parallel processing. The cluster used 63 Watts of power at max power and produced 5.76 GFLOPS of compute power. A full write up of the project can be found here.
Other Honors and Achievements
TEDxSMU Speaker, 2016
Spoke at a TEDxSMU audition in March of 2016 about the ParallelPi project and the future of budget supercomputing.
Hamilton Scholar, Southern Methodist University, 2015 – 2016
Completed physics research as part of the Super Cryogenic Dark Matter Search collaboration. Explored the effects of Radon plate out in Copper, and researched ways to mitigate the effects on ultra-sensitive next-generation dark matter detectors. Thesis available here.
Can cook minute rice in 58 seconds.